Friday, August 10, 2012

To Everyone: I'd like you to know, that I'm home and safe

I know it's been a little while and you better believe I have some catching up to do. But I'm HOME! And I arrived safely, after a trip which took around 24 hours. Yikes. Yes, it was very tiring. 

10:45 Sunday Night. 
I left from the Accra airport to board a 6 hour 40 min flight to London. I got to the Accra airport early and broke. I was clean out of money by the time I left. Thanks "helpful" bag man at the airport doors. (I had to give a guy $10 which is 20 Ghana Cedi which is a RIP for putting my bag on a stroller and walking me thirty feet to the airport doors. So mad about that.) The flight went well. Mostly I slept. 

11:45 Monday Morning. 
After a about 5 hour layover in London in which I caught up on my journaling, and made my way through the huge airport I started my journey to Dallas Texas, American soil. The flight was so incredibly long! 9 hours and 50 minutes. I learned the Avengers is fantastic and Zac Efron, not so bad really, at least in Lucky Me (which I didn't finish actually). I also did some reading, more journaling, and sleeping. We arrived around 3:35.

8:30 Monday Evening. 
My flight was delayed. We were supposed to leave at 7:10, scheduled to be home at 8:45. We weren't so lucky. This seemed like the longest layover, which maybe it was..? But by then I just wanted to be done flying! I was so happy my journey was almost through. But then we had to keep waiting. Keep changing gates. I made some friends with a few missionaries. One was coming home from France. We were talking and he was acting, well like a missionary. We're essentially yelling to each other to hold a conversation, he comes and sits a seat away from me. "I'm not sure I'm supposed to be sitting by girls all by myself yet, this is weird.." "Well aren't you released (he was released a week ago because his parents came to pick him up, although stayed in France after he adjourned home)" He also said the sky looked "celestial" as we were on a trolley to a changed gate. Missionaries.. *to be said with a head shake* 

At around 10:30 Monday night, I saw my family! (minus Alyson and Newel) It was so good to see them all! And driving home, so quiet, well aside from our chatter. No one was honking, or yelling out their car windows, no one was playing drums or singing. So strange. And I got a Frosty and chicken sandwich which let me tell you, was "celestial". America is really something special. 




No comments:

Post a Comment